Wake up speaking a foreign language
Have you ever dreamed of speaking a foreign language fluently? What if after a head trauma or a coma you woke up and were able to speak a foreign language fluently? This might sound very bizarre, but it has actually happened to some people.
Here are some examples of people who woke up from a come speaking a foreign language:
- Rueben Nsemoh, a 16-year-old teenager from Atlanta, woke up from a coma speaking fluent Spanish (a language he only had a basic understanding of before).
- Michael Boatwright woke up in a hotel room in Palm Springs, California, speaking only Swedish. He didn’t know who he was and kept calling himself Johan Ek. Even though he had lived in Japan and China, he spoke only Swedish.
- Dujomir Marasovic mysteriously fell into a 24-hour coma in her native Croatia. She woke up speaking fluent German, a language she had studied at school when she was 13. She was unable to communicate in Croatian.
- Australian Ben McMahon ended up in a coma after suffering a serious car accident. When he woke up, he was speaking Mandarin and had to relearn English.
- Alun Morgan was evacuated to Wales during WWII. He spent 10 years in Wales but never learned Welsh. He suffered a stroke that made him go into a coma. Three weeks later, he came out of the coma speaking Welsh and unable to speak English.
- 18-year-old Czech Metej Kus suffered a crash that led him into a coma. After a brief time, he woke up speaking perfect English in a British accent.